Tuesday 13 September 2011

Round Trip. . .

I was in Calgary on a work trip last week but managed to find time to visit two really lovely yarn stores. The Make One Yarn Studios has comfy couches and more importantly had skeins of the 8400 shade of Cascade 220 that I had just run out of, and still needed for my log cabin blocks. Hooray! I love taking knitting to the airport - it just makes the time go by so much faster. Another store I will definitely return to is the wonderfully named Pudding Yarn which had an intoxicating selection. This fall I'm completely drawn to all shades of purple and eggplant and I ended up buying a few skeins of this lovely purple tweed.  I knew I immediately wanted to knit a cosy cowl. 
This is the very first project I've ever completed using circular needles without getting it all twisted up and throwing it across the room in exasperation.  It's a small thing, but it feels like a real personal victory!  I did a simple chevron pattern which doesn't really show up, but does give it some extra texture. I love it - just waiting now for some cooler fall days.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

It's beautiful! I've been thinking that I want to take up knitting again...

Blithe Spirit said...

I'm getting very addicted to it but I find such satisfaction in it and it's such a stress reliever. I highly recommend starting up again!