Tuesday 25 October 2011

Adding to the Stash (The Other One). . .

A funny thing happened on the way to last weekend's Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival.  I was making a checklist of different yarns I needed for various upcoming projects and was prepared to stick firmly to that list.  But instead, to my great surprise, my inner quilter came out, seduced by the numerous great fabrics and finished quilts on display in every row. End result - no yarn bought, but  I definitely succumbed to far too many fat quarters on sale.  

I wasn't completely abandoning sheep though. Look at this great fabric that I found (and no, I have no idea what I'll do with the metre that I bought, but I just couldn't resist!)


I was also really pleased to see Kallisti Quilts there. They are an online only company that specializes in really gorgeous Japanese and African fabrics, both traditional and contemporary.  




I also picked up some really cool handcrafted wooded buttons from The Woodlot.  And some lovely handle hardware from Quilt a Bag.   But no wool.  I think I might have been turned off by a rather unhappy looking alpaca that was shut up in a tiny pen on the show floor. Now if I can only find a project that combines the two crafts.  I think I might be quilting a bag to hold my knitting projects in the near future. . . 

No comments: