Tuesday 21 August 2012

More Garden Envy. . .

We recently went to visit friends on the Wirral - across the Mersey from Liverpool - and in particular I was keen to see a garden I had heard so much about.


I wasn't disappointed - it was huge and gorgeous.  The woman who owns and tends it is a marvel.  She lives in an 18th century house with nooks and crannies filled with colourful textiles - tapestries on every wall and richly patterned rugs.  She's also a knitter and weaver and has a wonderful wooden shed adjacent to this in which she and her friends keep their looms.  I am now aching for a tiny summerhouse of my own in the garden. She also has the most glamourous scarecrow I've ever seen.  Isn't she fab?



On the way there we passed this house.  Words cannot express how much I'd love to live in it.  Very Vita Sackville West.


No comments: