Monday 3 December 2012

A Walk in the Park. . .

One of the things I really love about living in the U.K. is how green it always is, no matter what the season.  I often walk through this park that the locals call "The Mystery" (I have no idea why).  Look at how green the grass still is, even in late autumn.  Certainly easy on the eyes, especially on a crisp, sunny day.


 I go for a walk in this park when I'm in the mood for gazing upwards. There's just something about the proportion of the surrounding buildings to the sky and clouds that makes one feel very small, but not in a bad way.  Rather, it's quite exhilarating to be among so much open space and sky in the middle of a city.  I just love it.



Liverpool is filled with many parks, all different and beautiful in their own way and so beneficial to urban living.  On my list of future places to explore is Birkenhead Park located across the Mersey on the Wirral.  This is the park that influenced Frederick Law Olmstead, the landscape architect behind New York's famous Central Park.  He visited Birkenhead in 1850.

No comments: