Saturday 23 March 2013

Comeuppance. . .

This post is for all my Toronto friends who have had to endure me blogging about spring weather and daffodils.  I was sharply reminded of home yesterday as fierce winds and snow blew into Liverpool.  Here's the "spring" camellia bush in our backyard this morning:


And I'm scheduled to go walking in the Lake District tomorrow!  That should be interesting.  In a perfect world, I'd wear my new fair isle hat which I finished this week.  But. . .


. . . my hat curse continues.  Despite aggressive blocking, the darn thing is too small!  Sigh.  Yes, I should have done a gauge swatch. Looking for a deserving kid with a small head now.  Still, it was good practice for fair isle and I feel I can confidently tackle other fair isle projects.  But for the moment, I'm trying to finish a new hat in time for tomorrow.


No comments: