Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bank Holiday Projects. . .

My second Selbu Modern Hat is finished (and it fits!!!!) just in time to be put away for the autumn.  We've had lovely summer sunshine this long weekend. I weeded the garden, baked a chocolate cake and got stuck in on knitting several projects. 




I'm not ready to apply for the Great British Sewing Bee just yet, but am chuffed with finally getting around to sewing up this cozy cushion.  Here's the front which I finished knitting several months ago.


And the back, using up some of my too large quilting stash.  Okay, so the overlap doesn't line up, but I only had one fat quarter to work with.  I still love it.


A friend is having a baby in July so I've gotten a good start on a baby blanket.  The pattern is fabulous - it's Umaro by Jared Flood and I'm using Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo which has a bit of a sheen to it and is smoother to knit with than cotton.  I'm thinking of using the pattern for a lace scarf later on.


And finally, my carry-around project is a colourful summer scarf.  I'm going to the Kaffe Fassett Exhibition at the London Fashion and Textile Museum in a few days and found this skein of Misti Alpaca cotton/silk blend in my stash.  I love the colours.  This will be the perfect bit of knitting for the train down to London. 

No comments: