Wednesday 15 April 2015

Off the Needles: Ishneich. . .

Here's my second celtic cable shawl from Lucy Hague's book.  This is Ishneich, knitted out of two skeins of Madeline Tosh fingering that were in my stash.  I especially love the deep pink variegated colourway which is aptly named Wilted Rose. 



This was quite a fun shawl to knit.  The first bit is quick and easy stripes.  I knitted most of it in front of the telly catching up on Poldark episodes while nursing a cold. Then comes the fun cable part which has become second nature after doing of these shawls.  Between the cables and the lace edging are two rows of lateral braid.  You can't see it very clearly in these photos and I forgot to take a close-up but it was great to learn a new techniques and it's a nice way to separate two parts of a shawl.  I love learning something new with every project.



The colours feel more attuned to crisp fall or winter weather, so I'll probably put this away for a few months; I'm in the mood to knit and wear linen/cotton/hemp at the moment.

No comments: