Thursday 11 June 2015

Lots of Summer Projects on the go. . .



I really need to focus on finishing projects.  I have one top that just needs some neck edging; another cardigan fully knitted that just needs the sleeves seaming and two more cardigans that just need sleeves.  I'm still working on my Hap for Harriet but it's a LOT of garter stitch and I'm ready for it to be done now (about 2/3rds through).  And that Rowan crochet scarf just needs joining up. 

My problem is that I get bored too easily and thus I CAN'T STOP CASTING ON NEW PROJECTS!

Can I be excused this lovely fair isle cardigan though?  This is Bowland by Susan Crawford and she's hosting a KAL on Ravelry that started on Monday.  I've long wanted a proper colourwork cardi and I just love this design.  I also am a big fan of Susan's vintage designs and I enjoy following her blog and reading about her adventures raising sheep on her North Lancashire farm.


I'm using stash for mine - a combination of John Arbon alpaca/merino 4ply, some Blacker classic and some Titus.  Here's my swatch.


The Rowan CAL has also given me the confidence to cast on for Marie Wallin's Aster.  This is the very first crochet garment I've attempted so am a bit nervous but I do love this deep aubergine colour.  I'm not taking any chances with this and am using the yarn called for in the pattern - Rowan's Summerlite 4ply.  And it's lovely to work with.  I think the sleeves and seaming will be a bit tricky on this, but so far the body seems straightforward and it's quite fun to work on.


No comments: