Sunday 8 November 2015

Dave is Done. . .


Hooray, my first ever pair of full socks completed!  The pattern is Dave from Rachel Coopey's Coop Knits Socks, Vol 2.



I used a skein of 4ply sock yarn from the Knitting Goddess that I bought some a year or so ago.  The colourway is called Love Lies Bleeding, and I have to say it did bleed a bit in the washing machine, so the blood red has become a bit more pink.  The yarn feels lovely on the feet though.

I did make a few mistakes here and there, and the heel is a bit knobbly, but I'll wear them a lot and see how long they last before becoming a committed sock knitter.  It is a nice portable project to have in one's bag and I'll have to dig out my Latvian sock kit again, now that I've grasped the basic construction techniques. So there probably will be more socks in my future.


2 comments:

Sallyann said...

Yaaaaaayyy. They look great. Is that the afterthought heel technique? So socks - yet another string to that already full bow of yours.

Tricia said...

Yay for socks!