Wednesday 4 May 2016

A Brave New World. . .

A few days ago I decided to walk into the 21st century. I got a smartphone.


It's not that I'm a technophobe; I use the internet daily and often. I just didn't want to become one of those people who gets addicted to a gadget, oblivious to the world and people around me. I've always wanted to be the type of person who lives in the moment.

But as my life becomes more settled in the UK, and my group of friends and contacts grows, it was time. Truth be told, I also really, really wanted to participate in Instagram. (I'm blithespirit4 on there)

So I've had my phone for a few days now and I love the camera which is really good. Photos are very quick to upload onto ravelry and Instagram. The photo above is the first one I took with my new phone. It's the first time I'd seen the new statue of the Beatles down by the waterfront which was installed at the end of last year. It's about time there was one of all four of them and the location with the Three Graces towering behind them is perfect.

The other cool thing about this phone? I wrote this blog post with it. Yes, it's a keeper.

3 comments:

Anne, Life LDC said...

I love my iPhone so much....what did you get? The Beatles....love love love :)

Blithe Spirit said...

It's a Motorola, I decided to get a cheaper model but one that came highly recommended. So far so good, it does everything I was hoping it would.

Anne, Life LDC said...

If it works for you....that's all that matters :)

I'm liking the look of these larger screen phones.....some day perhaps :)