Friday 17 February 2017

Hap #8: Lang Ayre. . .

It's still my intention to knit every hap out of The Book of Haps, but other knitting projects keep getting in the way.  I have however, just finished my eighth one - Lang Ayre, designed by Gudrun Johnston.


This was a deceptively simple knit - lots of rows of simple garter stitch, but the stripe placement is so clever and I love how the colours bounce off each other.  I had to make one modification in that I didn't have enough of the main colour in the center diamond (the dark grey) to carry over into the two side triangles, so substituted a lighter grey.  But I think it works.

I really recommend this pattern for telly knitting and also its versatility. The hap's construction allows you to wear it with either the stripes showing vertically. . .


. . . or horizontally.


I'm really chuffed with it.  It's extra squishy and warm, knitted in various stash skeins of Blacker Yarns and in time for the BlackerPodKAL.   All the details are on my ravelry page here.

No comments: